Sunday, July 31, 2011

I get to be a mom!

So many women in this world are dieing to be a mom. So many women are longing to be pregnant and feel the sensation of a life growing inside. So many women are wanting a messy house to clean or loads and loads of laundry to do or sleepless nights. Because all of these things would mean they would be called the one thing most women long for in life and that is "Mom." So many women cannot and will not ever get to experience this. It seems as though we grow up dreaming of what to name our kids and how we will parent and what that life will be like. We spend most of our childhood dreaming of those day (at least I did). You never expect that this might not be a possiblity.

I feel as though I am one of the incredibly forturnate women who gets to be a mom. I get to spend my days doing laundry, picking up messes, cleaning faces, nursing, not sleeping, dressing little ones, changing diapers, making meals, stepping on toys, giving baths and so much more. I feel like I spend most days wondering what i did all day when I go to bed at night. But whats funny, is that I love it. Yes, there are so many days that are hard and long and exausting. I am tired most of the time. But I just dont feel like I can complain. I dreamed of this life as a child, yes, it is alot harder than I ever dreamed of but so worth it. I feel as though God has given me this desire of my heart when he didnt have to. He has blessed me in ways that many women long for.
I dont say all of this to be arrogant or better that others, but I say it to myself so that I can be continually grateful for what He has given me. I get to be a mom. I dont HAVE to be a mom. I chose that I wanted to be a mom, Jesus chose to bless me with children and by His incredible grace, I GET to be a mom. I have the most forturnate "job" or "life" of raising these precious ones. I have these lives that I get to nurture and share Jesus with. I get to snuggle in their beds and pray with them and love them. I get to clean their dirty faces and know that its because we shared a meal together. I get to put their toys away knowing that we played and played all day. I get to read them books knowing they want to be with me. I get to do laundry knowing my little ones depend on me. I get sleepless nights knowing that they need me and trust me fully to protect them. I am Jesus to my kids right now. I get to be a light of who he is and what a relationship with Him is like. If I want my kids to fall in love with Jesus, I need to be fully in love with Jesus and fully in love with my kids. They look to me and depend on my to teach them about this world, and I GET to be their mom. What an honor.
So when you are tired, exausted, longing for a break, or just frustrated, think of all the women who are dieing to be in your place right now. Think of all the women who are begging Jesus to do all the things that you are complaining about. I have to continually tell this to myself. Its hard and its a tough job being a full time mommy, but the rewards and benefits are so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment